Thursday 9 September 2010

Summer

Hello all, I hope you all had a good relaxing summer, my family and I did not go away this year only my boy's got to go away to a Christian youth camp for a week. our car died and so we have been blessed by a brother in the church who has had to go away for a while, he has leant us his car for the time being.

I did not do any crafting just bought supplies, its very hard to craft when there is a house full of boy's. I did get to go to a local car boot sale and was able to pick up some things for Christmas crafts and extras.

Last week I had my gall bladder removed so I am still in recovery I hope to be up and running next week.

School is up and running so now the house is empting out, with 2 going to college next week, it will be nice to get back into a routine again as its been late nights and lie -ins in bed.



Here is the booty we came home with, my husband bought 3 magazines for 30p, the boy's got a trivial pursuit game that was never used for £4, they like Lord of the Rings, we got a Christmas puzzle for 50p, we like to put a puzzle together after Christmas. I got a tea light candle in the shape of a snowman and plaque welcome with a snow man on,candle holder used once still had the price tag on it, a welcome plaque in the shape of a tea pot which will I know can be a gift with some selected tea bags to go with it, a wooden box that can be filled with anything, 2 picture frames that I intend to alter and a banana husk basket Im thinking of filling for a gift. I got these ideas from my friend Suzie who likes to go to car boot sales and make home made gifts. During the summer I have also been saving jam jars to make some home made preserves.

Watch this space as I start to make my home made gifts.

1 comment:

suezie said...

WOW you did real well at the car boot sale! Hope to see some of these made up into lovely gifts for Christmas - it's fun doing it yourself isn't it? Happy crafting!